1. Using a Cricut machine select the heart shape from the Shapes menu. In the Settings menu make sure the units are set to centimetres. On your canvas unlock the size by clicking the padlock and then create two different sized hearts:
2.35 wide x 2.2 high
1.45 wide x 1.3 high
Using the white card cut the following quantities:
Large x 74
Small x 330
I usually cut extras for each size.
2. When you have finished cutting your hearts you will need to fold them. You are now ready to start making your picture.
3. Cut the background card to 600mm x 250mm. I stick my card onto the wooden back that comes with the frame. This makes it more rigid and easier to handle. Lightly draw a line using a soft pencil 42mm from the top and bottom edges. This will give you a guide to align your letters. On this line, mark 300mm from the end to get the centre point.
3. Print out each letter pattern onto a separate piece of the grey card.
Cut out the shape of the letters by following the outline. Keep the centre cut out section from the ‘U’ and lightly stick it back to the rest of the letter – this is so that you can mark the centre point on the top straight edge.
4. Starting with the middle letter U, mark the centre point and using double sided tape stick each letter shape onto the background card by aligning the centre points of the letter and the background. Allow a gap of approx 8mm between each letter.
5. Using a soft eraser rub out the 42mm guidelines and centre points.
6. Now start gluing the hearts onto the template using your glue stick. For the flower shapes apply the adhesive gems first.
7. Finally apply the rest of the gems and your picture is now complete!