1. Heat up the Glimmer machine following the instruction leaflet included within the box. Once the machine is ready, place the ‘Love’ foiling plate on top of the platform, activate the timer by pressing the button.
2. Once the timer light stops flashing and turns solid green, apply red foil that’s been cut to size (shiny side down), onto the plate, then place a piece of white cardstock on top that has been trimmed to 11.5 x 7cms.
3. Cover the heated layers with a shim and plate, then carefully remove the platform from the base of the machine. Run the platform slowly through your die-cutting machine (I used my Spellbinders Platinum machine).
4. Carefully peel away the foil to reveal the beautifully foiled word.
5. Repeat the above steps with the small heart, foiling randomly over a 14cm square of white card to form the background of the card.
6. To further decorate the card, I then used small strips of a previously part foiled card to edge the LOVE panel, you could use plain white cardstock if you prefer, once complete mount the panel to the foiled base with foam pads.
Top Tip: never throw away spare scraps of foil, or small pieces of foiled cardstock that have been trimmed for other projects – I used some trimmed scraps on this card. Waste not want not!
7. Secure the panel to the 6 x 6″ card blank base using 3D adhesive foam pads. To complete the designs, add a hand written sentiment using a fine black pen (or you could use a stamp), and add some red sequins with tacky glue for added shine.