- To prepare the black peg board that sits on the front cover, cut a black cardstock rectangle then score down the whole length at 1/8th increments using a scoreboard.
2. Use the We R Memory Keepers Frame Punch Board to create a frame to fit around the edge of the prepared rectangle, fix in place with glue.
3. Attach the mini foam letters ensuring to space them out evenly, fix some 3d foam pads to the reverse side to create a bit of height when added to the front cover.
4. Chose which Japanese binding you would like to do and use the binding guide to pierce holes into one edge of all the pages, this works best to pierce 3 or 4 pages at once.
5. Use a variety of stickers, paperclips, enamel dots, patterned paper and plain cardstock to decorate each page including the front cover.
Top Tip: Ensure you leave approximately 1” undecorated along the edge you mean to bind.
6. For the binding, thread the needle with a long length of the twine included in the binding guide.
7. Start sewing from inside the middle pages, bring the needle up through the second hole from the top leaving the tail end inside the pages.
8. Use the supplied booklet to help with the sewing. Ensure to finish at the same hole you started with and finish back inside the pages, tie a double knot to secure and cut the tail ends off with scissors.