1. Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone/Android device, log on to your Design Space™ account and make sure you are connected to your Maker™ machine. Search for and select the ‘Quilted Hexagon Pot Holder’ project from the sewing category of the Design Space™ Ready to Make projects.
2. Read all the on-screen instructions before you start.
3. Click ‘Make it’.
4. Switch off the fabric pen marking if this is not required. Since the two rows of pattern pieces used to create the hexagon are of different sizes, marking the pieces is not necessary.
5. If not using scraps, cut the fabric to size as required for each cutting mat.
6. Cut the pattern pieces from the ‘By The Pond’ fat quarter pack using the rotary blade; selecting the ‘cotton’ material setting. make sure to place the fabric right side down on to the cutting mat using the brayer to ensure good contact.
7. Use the remover tool to carefully lift each cut piece from the cutting mat. It is not necessary to clean the threads from a fabric grip cutting mat, just replace the dust cover when not in use.
8. Follow the project assembly instructions to sew the pieces together, quilt them on to the fusible fleece and then back them with the chosen backing fabric, inserting a loop of ribbon (if desired) to hang the finished project with; pressing with an iron as required.